ron mueck.

10:03:00 PM




these aren't my best photos, but best display the size and scale of the sculptures in comparison to actual people
I finally made it to the Ron Mueck exhibition at the Christchurch Art Gallery, and I'm so glad I did. Of course the day I decided to go, it was pouring with rain, so I was joined by the rest of Christchurch. Thankfully it didn't take too long to get in and due to the vast exhibition space, wasn't too crowed inside. I'm not exactly what you'd call an art enthusiast, as although I do appreciate it, I am more interested in the visual aspect as opposed to the meaning behind an artwork. What amazed me about the exhibition was how life-like the sculptures were, it was as if they were going to come to life as soon as you turned your back. Although they were all fantastic, I was most impressed with the larger than life sculptures as the sheer size and techniques used to create them fascinated me. Each sculpture is made from fibreglass and or silicone with each hair being inserted individually by hand, also the entire process takes place in a studio barely bigger than the large sculptures themselves. The now closed exhibition was the biggest collection of Mueck's work to be shown together, but there are individual pieces in museums and art galleries around the globe. If you get the chance I would definitely recommend checking them out x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow impressive artworks!Look very interesting and unusual of course!

    http://nothinglikefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete